Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Whoa! A talking muffin!

 
Double-Coconut Blueberry Muffins from Healthy. Happy. Life.

Top Ten Countdown of Great Vegan Muffin Recipes!

I loves me some muffins.  And I really didn't realize just how much I love muffins until I started putting this post together.  They're quick, they're filling, they're delicious...what more do you need?  Here's my list of the top ten great vegan muffin recipes I have come to know and love.  Enjoy!

10.  Carrot Raisin Muffins

from Vegan With A Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
This is a personal fave and I used to love to make this one for my kids to take to school when it was their turn for Snack Day.  Healthy-ish and delish!

9.   Ginger-Pear Muffins

This recipe is from  veganbaking.net.  My son is HUGE fan of pears, so obviously this needed to be in the Top Ten.  Add the spiciness of a little grated ginger, and it's zingy party in your mouth.

8.   Lemon-Poppyseed Muffins

Another classic from Vegan With A Vengeance.  I remember Isa saying in VWAV that this was the most requested muffin flavor for her book.  Enjoy with a cuppa Earl Grey!

7.    Petey's Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins

One of my absolute favorite pumpkin muffin recipes is the Best Pumpkin Muffin from VWAV, but it lost out in the countdown to Petey Rojas, the most adorable 3-year old baker ever.  I could eat him up along with the muffins!

6.   Apple Pie-Crumb Cake Muffins

Vegan With a Vengeance is looking to make a sweep!  (Seriously, best cookbook hands down for muffin recipes!)  This is another great one to send with my kids for Snack Day.

5.   Double-Coconut Blueberry Muffins

Pictured above!  This is my new absolute favorite in the blueberry variety.  These muffins are tender, sweet and crunchy, thanks to the coconut flakes.  A winner!  Thanks, Kathy Patalsky!

4.   Aloha (Bread) Muffins AND Zucchini Muffins

Okay, this is a two-fer, because I absolutely love both these recipes and they are from the always-inspiring Joanna Vaught.  You can get both recipes in her Yellow Rose Greatest Hits zine.  Order one!

3.   Coffee Chip Muffins

Holy cow.  If you love coffee and chocolate, you need this muffin in your life.  I had them for breakfast today.

Coffee-Chip Muffin and Stone Owl are friends on my desk.  Until one gets gobbled up!
2.   French Breakfast Muffins

This recipe comes from the Disney Spoonful site, and is not vegan as written - BUT it is easily veganized!  I just sub non-dairy milk and Earth Balance, and use Ener-G for the egg.  These are SO good.  My son, Jake, says they taste like donuts.  A subtle, nutmeg flavored muffin, dipped in melted Earth Balance, and then rolled in cinnamon-sugar.  Oh. My. God.

And the number one muffin recipe is....

1.    Crazy Good Banana Muffins

This recipe is from VegWeb, and they are not kidding around when they call them crazy good.  They are super tender and banana-y (they're made with FOUR bananas!), and will beat up any non-vegan muffin that dares try to challenge their muffin-y goodness.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe round-up!  I will most likely not be posting tomorrow, because I will be at an all-day workshop for my job.  So have a super weekend and EAT SOME MUFFINS, DAMMIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment