Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet dreams are made of this

Peanut butter and chocolate.  Chocolate and peanut butter.  Oh yes.

Favorite Cookie:
Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut-Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Vegan With a Vengeance
Today's lunch dessert!
Add a bag of your favorite vegan chocolate chips, and use your small disher to scoop these out.  Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.  These are my go-to dessert recipe!  No Earth Balance required!

Favorite Candy:
Homemade Halloween Treats: Chocolate Candy Bar from Healthy. Happy. Life.

Image from Healthy.Happy.Life by Kathy Patalsky

These things are SO GOOD and easy to make.  I made them for our Halloween party last year and they were absolutely devoured.  Kathy has totally convinced me to use more coconut oil in my baking with her awesome recipes.

Favorite Bar:
Kittee's O' Henry! Bars from Papa Tofu

Image totally stolen from Instructables.
I have modified this recipe and made it my own with the following changes:  Use 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup Earth Balance (instead of 2/3 cups E.B.) in the base, and use 3 cups quick oats and 1 cup crispy rice cereal (instead of 4 cups of quick oats).  It pumps up the peanut-buttery goodness and adds a little something-something to the bar.  I could mainline these, seriously.


This message is officially approved by Taffy, the Sassy Cat.
Stop writing down recipes and feed me already!

No comments:

Post a Comment