Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

One Cupcake to Rule Them All





It all started with a book and a cupcake.  The book, as I'm sure you've guessed by now, is Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero weren't kidding when they wrote that.  I had asked for the book as a birthday present, because I had read somewhere that it had some really creative ideas for cupcakes in general.  I wasn't too sure about the vegan part.  The cupcake that changed my life is the Cashew Butter Cardamom cupcake.  Not too sweet, unexpected flavors, tender crumb. Delicious.

 The rest, as they say, is history.

This blog, as with the rest of me, is a work in progress.  I really wanted to participate in Vegan MoFo this year though, so I decided to go for it.  Don't be surprised if you visit this page from one day to the next and it looks really different.

You can find the recipe for these life-changing cupcakes here, and I haven't asked permission to post it myself, so there you go.  I will say this:  I tend to fly by the seat of my pants a LOT when cooking and baking.  This is often due to the fact that I live in a rural area, and when the need for things like Cashew Butter Cardamom Cupcakes arises, I don't always have ingredients like soy milk powder handy.  So, for the frosting I add powdered sugar instead of soy milk powder and my frosting is much thicker and sweeter than the recipe version.  Nobody's complained yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment