Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Some like it hot!

Southeast Asian Chili-Garlic Relish
 It's harvest time in our garden, and this week's bounty is hot peppers!  My husband loves to garden, and manages to drag the kids up there, too.  (I'm not a gardener.  I have what I like to refer to as a "brown thumb.")

My husband, James, also loves to preserve things from his garden. So, for this magnificent yield of peppery goodness, he turned to the pages of The Joy of Pickling and came up with these awesome jars of fire:


Hot sauce and sweet chili-garlic sauce

The hot sauce contains ghost peppers, fish peppers, and cyclon peppers.  James says the cyclon peppers give the relish the brightest red color.  The other two will apparently just melt your face off.
Hot sauce simmering on the stove top.

James having too much fun with the blender.
Cyclon peppers, garlic, cider vinegar and salt, ready to be whizzed up!
The Joy (and the fire!) of Pickling.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed our porch:


Woot!  I survived my first ever week of Vegan MoFo!  I'm so excited!  I have lots of plans for fun things next week... see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment