Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

And then a miracle occurred...



Guys, I was at a work conference on Friday and take a look at the lunch menu:

Apparently the only dessert vegetarians and vegans need are either granola bars or fruit cups.  These people need a copy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, stat! 


This is the first time in 10 years of attendance at this conference that they have offered more than one vegetarian option.  Not only that, but there’s a VEGAN CHICKEN option!  Holy cow!  I was so excited!  Then I got waylaid by my boss on the way to the box lunched area, and by the time I got there all of the vegan chicken salads were gone.  I nearly wept.  Thankfully, there were some hummus boxes left, so I did at least get something to eat.  But hooray anyways!


What else happened this weekend:

My husband came home last week raving about some new faculty member in his department who had brought in homemade doughnuts.  Yeah, challenge accepted, buddy!

Three and half mile hike and geo-caching at Shakertown

One of the stone walls at Shakertown.  It's just gorgeous out there.

James photobombs his son, who is proudly displaying the contents of the cache we found.

Asian rice paper rolls with VWAV peanut sauce and homemade sweet chili sauce:


Fall Festival at my son’s school.  I painted faces for 2 and ½ hours, while sitting in one of the toddler-size chairs.  By the time I was done, I had to seriously un-kink myself in order to stand up. I wore my PPK t-shirt for the fun!
 
Someone ran off with our mirror, so I had to take pics of the kids so they could see what horrors I had inflicted upon their cute little faces

I also made Whoopie Pies (which I sadly did not get a picture of; I still have some at home so may try to add one tomorrow) for the Cake Walk, recipe courtesy of the fabulous Kittee Berns from her zine Papa Tofu.  If you don’t have this zine yet, you are missing out!  These cookies are my son’s absolute favorite, so the first thing he did was jump into the Cake Walk so he could win them back.  No one else was going to get their stinky paws on his vegan Whoopie Pies!

It's the last week full week of Vegan MoFo, and I'm still here!  I may be talking to myself, but I'm having fun, and that's all that counts, right?  See you tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment