Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

A very special Vegan MoFo dedication: To my hero, Weird Al

This has been an amazing month.  I have had so much fun blogging here about vegan food.  It has really inspired me to be more involved in the vegan community and to share my love of vegan food. And, I hope to continue posting regularly on this blog about my own personal adventures in veganism.  It's also made me feel more secure about being more out-there in real life with my friends and family about the joy of living a vegan lifestyle.  So, three cheers for Vegan MoFo!

Before I had even heard of veganism, I was a fan of Weird Al Yankovic.  He's also a fave-rave with my whole family.  Here's a crappy phone picture of my birthday present from a few years back:
Al, my pal! 

Not only is he a hero for nerds and geeks around the world, but he's vegan!  What's not to love?  So, in honor of Weird Al and the way he also inspires me to let my freak flag fly, I bring you.....

THE VEGAN TWINKIE WEINER DOG!!!
Look Bob!  It's your favorite!



Mmmmmmmm.
I don't think any recipes or much explanation are needed.  Simply make some aluminum foil twinkie molds, fill 'em with your favorite vanilla cake recipe, pump 'em full of vegan vanilla buttercream, and let the fun begin.

Make some twinkie molds using foil and a spice bottle.
I put my molds in a brownie pan and added some pie beans for stability.


Baked!
Stuffing!
Beautiful synchronized twinkies a la Esther Williams.
Ready to add some vegan junk food!
In case you didn't get a good enough look the first time
 
What did I think of it?  Well, let's just say one bite was enough to last me a lifetime. 

 

 Happy Vegan MoFo 2013 to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment